Why Should I Become a Tutor?
"Parents who can’t read
raise kids who can’t read"
In Lycoming County more than 15,000 people are functionally illiterate. This means they cannot read or write well enough to vote, use a checkbook, write a note to a child’s teacher or follow written instructions from their doctor.
• an estimated 50% of all Americans cannot fill out a job application
• nearly 75% of Americans unemployed have trouble reading
• 70% of all prison inmates are functionally illiterate
• 46% of Americans struggle with understanding basic health care communications
• 34.1% of job applicants lack the literacy skills needed to do the job they seek
"In just 90 minutes a week you can
change another person’s life."
The Learning Center, (570) 326-0536
Lycoming County ’s Adult Literacy and Lifelong Learning Program
19 East 4th Street, Williamsport PA 17701